Looking back on 2018 and looking forward to 2019

Here we are, some twenty days into 2019. Another year gone and things have changed. From leaving a couple jobs that were doing me no good mentally and management wise to having one where I have the freedom to do what I want as long as things are done. Leaving those two jobs helped my mental health in more than one way.

The micromanaging of the bar gave me a shock at the second job this year where the management at the time seemed to actually care until near the end. The GM that came in started changing things that reflected what I left at the bar. There was a job I was at for a month after leaving the pizza place (second job), that actually helped me with gaining a car. There is a bank loan involved, but that first check did help with it.

My current job is back in the same city as the first bar, and is a much higher turn out in way of business. And my pay reflects that, even by a dollar more than what my friend, who is also the kitchen manager, is authorized to offer. It does help financially with the bank loan.

Now, to looking forward to 2019. With the current job, and saving as much as I can, I plan on attending a Supernatural con in Toronto come mid October with a cousin. I'd be buying both her and my tickets and booking the hotel room, knowing she'll pay me back for her part. Those two big purchases would be done first, followed by any autograph and photo ops. We've also talked a bit on moving south and away from the current freezing weather conditions. Which is several inches of snow, about 5 degrees F, and I don't even know what the wind chill is. Right now, the city of choice is as close to New Orleans without the city's price tag.

I still plan on continue to write; shifting between fan fictions and original works. The original works I do plan to eventually get published. After that point, I'm not sure what will happen.

Comments

Popular Posts