Life Update

Three months later and I'm back to make a post. I'm sure y'all are tired of hearing excuses since we all have similar issues; work, family, trying to have fun outside of work. I'm still alive, though work decided to try and kill me with six days. That or drive me off with the ... inability of finding/keeping evening/night dishers who are 18 years or older due to legalities of breaks and working past a certain time at night. Life at the moment seems to mirror what I went through when I was working at a McDonalds about 40 minutes from me; wake, chill for a minute, ready/go to work, run the risk of being asked to clock in early due to being short staffed, work a good 12 or 13 hours, go home, chill for a half hour, sleep; wash, rinse, repeat. Luckily my current work is a good half that drive time and there's people there who will step in and help when they can.

As for actual plans outside of work, there's ... three things coming up. My state has a Renaissance Faire every year from August to October; and me and a few others are planning to attend Saturday next week; so that should be fun. Next would be a friend's baby shower at the end of the month. Then, if all goes well financially, me, a cousin, and a friend are going to Cleveland for a SPN con. If I remember, I'll try and do blog entries for that. I do want to do vlogs for those days for sure.

In addition to currently working six days night/evening shift, is that's when I seem to be more productive in my writings. I've deviated a little from doing a drabble that ties into my SPN fanfic to try and finish up this post. Having a song provide the muse and play on repeat helps with that. For the original work, it's getting into the head space of a character to make it last a full chapter when the little section was just supposed to be an intro for two new characters.

So, that's the life.

Comments

Popular Posts